COVID Notes: September 2021
The following guidance applies to regular Thursday evening dancing until further notice.
- Please let the Club Secretary know in advance if you are planning to attend.
- Dancers with symptoms of Covid-19 should not attend. If a dancer has attended class and is later tested positive, they should inform the Club Secretary as soon as possible, to ensure traceability.
- The hall windows should be open in order to provide plently of ventilation.
- Dancers should stay distanced as much as possible when not dancing, especially in the changing rooms.
- Dancers should use hand sanitiser (the club will provide) before and after class, and between dances if hands are touched.
- Teachers should, as much as possible, avoid formations that require dancers to be very close to one another.
- Current regulations (both federal and from the school) allow dancing without masks, but in order for everyone to feel safe, a vote will be taken at the beginning of each class to see if the majority is willing to keep them or not. Respect for other dancers' opinions, safety and comfort zones is essential.
The Committee also strongly encourages everyone to get vaccinated if they can.
Bites and Nibbles
The Committee wishes to maintain Bites and Nibbles, with the first one being on Thursday 16th September (see Calendar for further dates), in a safe context. These moments will therefore take place outside in the playground of the school, and dancers are encouraged to bring something for themselves, or to share if they feel ok with it, ideally individually wrapped. With time, and if the weather is less nice, we might go to La Bagatelle for a drink instead.